Friday Food Links and Yummy Recipes (May 7)
It’s Friday. That means it’s time for food! This week we have the list of the World’s 50 Best Restaurants, a thing or two about Food Styling, Things You Should Know About Pizza and of course a slue of recipes for you to test. Enjoy!
FOOD STYLING BY DELORES CUSTER
Food Styling tips…
- 1. Tampons (known as T-28s in the food styling biz) produce localized steam. Soak them in water, zap in the microwave and bury them behind food.
- 2. Use a heat torch to re-melt the chocolate chips in a cookie so they look freshly-baked but have the firm structure of a cooled cookie.
Read whole article: laweekly
14 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PIZZA
Via: Online Schools.org
WORLD’S 50 BEST RESTAURANTS
World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2010 have been announced. The list is the result of an extensive poll of the world’s most celebrated chefs, renowned food critics, leading restaurateurs and well-travelled gourmands – collectively they are The World’s 50 Best Restaurants Academy. The list creates tremendous debate – and it’s meant to. What makes the best dining experience to one person will be different for another.
Have you eaten in any of these restaurants?
FOUR WAYS TO CLEAN FRESH HERBS
HOW TO MAKE GUACAMOLE WITH CHEF IVY STARK FROM DOS CAMINOS NYC
We’ve have eaten at Dos Caminos in New York City and their guacamole is superb.
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped Cilantro leaves
- 2 Teaspoon finely chopped white onion
- 2 Teaspoons minced Jalapeno or Serrano (or a mix)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 Large avocados, peeled and seeded.
- Stark recommends California Haas avocados.
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped plum tomato (cored and seeded)
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lime juice.
1. Add 1 tablespoon of cilantro, 1 teaspoon each of onion and the minced chili, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to a medium bowl or a mortar. Mash together with spoon or pestle until a paste is formed.
2. Dice avocado and gently fold into the paste, leaving some chunks.
3. Add the remaining cilantro, onions, and chilies, and continue to mix.
4. Squeeze fresh lime juice over
VEGETABLE BALLS IN HOT GARLIC SAUCE
An Indo-Chinese recipe.
PEA OMELET WITH MINT AND MASCARPONE
LEMON-CHIVE ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
MOCK EGG SALAD
GRILLED PINEAPPLE SALSA
CINNAMONY STRAWBERRY PRESERVES
And two types of Banana Pancakes…
BANANAS FOSTER PANCAKES
BANANA YOGURT PANCAKES